The position requires installing, troubleshooting, repairing and programming two-way radio equipment and other wireless systems, both in the shop and in the field. The preferred candidate will have experience in above mentioned duties, good oral and written communication skills, a positive personality, professional appearance, able to work alone or in a team environment, possess a current VT driver license and clean driving record. Must also pass a background check. Project management and leadership skills are a plus. Willing to train the right candidate.
- 2+ years Service Technician experience in diagnosing and repairing electronics equipment.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- Knowledge and understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Use of crimpers, solder iron and various other industry hand tools.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems.
- Proficiency in operating various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, Oscilloscopes, wattmeters, TDRs, and multimeters.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- CET Certification is a plus. Journeyman level must be attained within 1 year of employment.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Install, maintain, and provide technical support and service of wireless communications equipment such as: UHF/VHF analog and digital systems. Operating mobile, portable radio equipment, dispatch consoles, and microwave systems, using both conventional and trunked radio technologies.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve wireless communication equipment problems with customers in a positive and efficient manner.
- Repair customer equipment by replacing defective modules or components through standard troubleshooting procedures and practices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair public address systems and BDA systems.
- Provide hands-on and oversight of communications equipment and peripheral hardware installation such as base stations, repeaters, mobile devices, portable devices, and wireless broadband devices. Analyze and comprehend diagnostic test results in order to repair and program radios and wireless equipment.
- Make minor modifications to electronic circuitry per customer requests and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates.
- Install coaxial cabling, connectors, antennas, and couplers in accordance with customer requirements and industry standards.
- Must be team-focused with a passion to meet customer requirements and company goals.
- Some travel and on-call hours will be required.